E/911 Communications Officer
When Seconds Count…. Count On Us
White County will be accepting applications for the position of Communications Officer to work at the E/911 Center. Georgia Basic Communications Officer Certification is preferred, but not required.
Applicants must be able to work 12 hour shifts including nights and weekends and travel to training as required. Complete job description and applications are available 8 am – 5 pm, Mon-Fri at the White County Commissioners Office, 1235 Helen Hwy, Cleveland, Georgia 30528 (706) 865-2235
This position is open until filled.
Successful applicant must be able to pass a background investigation drug/alcohol test, and a pre-employment assessment.
This is a full time position offering comparable wages and full benefits.
White County is an equal opportunity employer.
Volunteer Fire Fighter
- Minimum Qualifications of Standards Required for Performing Essential Job Functions:
- Georgia Firefighters Standards and Training Council
- Firefighter Certification Requirement: O.C.G.A 25-4-8At least 18 years of age;
- Not have been convicted of a felony within 10 years prior to employment;
- Have good moral character as determined by investigation under procedure approved by the Council;
- Be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state and national fingerprint files to disclose any criminal record;
- Be in good physical condition as determined by a medical examination and successfully pass the minimum physical agility requirements as established by the Council;
- Possess a high school diploma or general education development equivalency.
- Successfully challenge the Georgia Firefighters Certification Examination
- Must have an acceptable driving record.